We’re really excited to announce that two of our most revered global dental suppliers have joined forces to offer an even more accessible digital dental workflow, now integrated from scan to smile.
Formlabs and Medit share a mission of increasing access to digital dentistry tools to make the digital future a reality. With this latest round of integration, the scan-to-print workflow has never been more accessible.
Their goal with this partnership is clear: to make chairside 3D printing accessible and approachable to all dental practices.
Medit Link users can now download Formlabs’ PreForm app, a software integration that helps to prepare dental CAD designs for quick and convenient printing on Formlabs printers, directly from Medit Link.
Delivering a fully digital dental experience means integrating software, hardware, and materials to create a seamless end-to-end experience for dental practitioners. In combining their powerful and intuitive technology, Formlabs Dental and Medit will enable clinicians to easily 3D print dental components with greater speed and efficiency through a simplified in-office workflow. Together, our vision is to deliver accessible and affordable digital solutions for dental care providers and their patients.
In just five simple steps, dental professionals can mass produce custom made dental models. Those steps are:
- The dental professional completes a scan of the patient’s teeth with Medit’s industry-leading i500 and i700 intraoral scanners.
- Deploying the respective Medit App, the dental practice then designs a case of temporary crowns, eggshells, or models.
- Medit users click on the new PreForm icon on the top right part of the screen.
- After selecting the appropriate design files, users click “Send to PreForm”. The file is then automatically converted to an STL file and sent to PreForm, directly from the Medit App.
- Users finalize their dental print and send it to the Form 3B+ for printing.
Dr. Christopher Baer, DMD at Baer Dental, and a Medit and Formlabs user, succinctly describes the partnership: “To truly optimize a digital dental practice all of the technology components need to work synergistically to streamline scanning, designing, and 3D printing dental restorations. The Medit-Formlabs workflow has dramatically simplified the process to get from intraoral scanning to a final 3D printed restoration with a few simple clicks. We no longer need to spend time moving files from one program to the next—the software does the work for us.”
Here at Blueprint Dental, we’re delighted by this announcement, which will further enhance the digital workflows we’re able to offer you, our customers, ultimately empowering you to maximise your digital workflows and patient outcomes.